Summer School Teacher (Grades 6 & 7)
If you are looking for a summer teaching position that will empower you to spend time with students strengthening beliefs and skills that will positively impact future learning you should consider applying for a position at Hutchinson Middle School. We are looking for licensed educators in Math, Reading/Language Arts, as well as any educators who have a strong passion for social emotional learning.
June 15-17; June 22-24; June 29-July 1; July 13-15; July 20-22; July 27-29.
3 student contact hours per day (8:30 – 11:30) + 30 minutes paid prep daily
Daily Rate of Pay
Current MN Teaching License – Math & Reading/Language Arts licensure preferred
- Middle School classroom experience and previous ALC/Targeted Services or Summer School experience
- A commitment to student success
- Understanding of working with at risk and/or struggling learner
- Ability to form relationships with students and families in a short period of time
- Belief system (demonstrated in words and actions) that all students can learn and be successful
Targeted Services is part of a system of support to ensure all students are successful on their pathway to graduation. Targeted Services provides learning opportunities that actively engage the learner while extending each student’s learning, utilizing an approach to engage students with the teacher, school and community. The purpose is to develop the skills needed to be successful in the regular school program. Roles include creating an engaging and supportive environment and facilitating learning to support students in building their skills and confidence.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until filled