- Position in the Distance Learning Academy requires skill in teaching through remote platforms (Google Meets) and use of technology to teach (SeeSaw and/or Schoology).
- Position provides instruction and support in the curriculum areas for which employed;
make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
- Implement the goals and objectives of the District and the school and/or program for
- Write and implement individual student goals and objectives.
- Evaluate student performance according to the goals and objectives on the Individual
Educational Plan (IEP) used by School District; promote student achievement; maintain
required student records; make related reports to the principal as prescribed or
authorized by the superintendent.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them in the
development of each student.
- Perform classroom management duties; enforce District rules governing the conduct.
- Understand and be able to implement due process guidelines following state and federal rules, regulations and District policy.
Required Qualifications: A valid Minnesota teaching license in ASD Required; Dual Preferred
- Considerable knowledge of the curriculum areas the teacher is responsible for instructing.
- Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, current researched best practices and strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Considerable knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
- Working knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Considerable skill in classroom management and organization.
- Ability to effectively facilitate and/or participate in team meetings and parent meetings.
FTE: 1.0 Temporary (ASAP through 12/11/20 – This position has return rights pursuant to language in the Teacher Transfer Procedures, subd. 1.)
Site: Distance Learning Academy