General Purpose of Job:
To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.. Zanewood STEAM Literacy Reading program is designed to support K-2 scholars and their families through five essential components: high quality academic and character-building enrichment; parent and family involvement; civic engagement and social action; intergenerational servant leadership development; and nutrition, health and mental health. This is the foundation of CDF Freedom Schools Programming.
By providing K-12 scholars with rich, culturally relevant pedagogy and high quality books that deepen scholars’ understanding of themselves and all they have in common with others in a multiracial, multicultural democratic society, CDF Freedom Schools programs further empowers scholars to believe in their ability and responsibility to make a difference while instilling in them a love of reading to help them avoid summer learning loss
- Facilitate and implement a written curriculum plan for each week following themes and goals of the program.
- Interact with and help students engage in learning and community building activities.
- Promote effective use of time and materials,and set standards for student accountability
- In cooperation with other staff, maintain the well-being of students in the program. Use classroom and behavior management plans, individual conferences with students and/or parents as needed.
- Maintain an attractive and functional environment; keep facilities orderly.
- Attend all planning meetings as scheduled by the Site Coordinator, both before the program starts and during the program.
- Keep student related records such as attendance, registration and medical forms, schedules and other as determined necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of the overall mission of the district, Summer Employment policies and procedures.
- Follow Strict Covid 19 Preparedness Plans
- Weekly Family meetings on Friday
Required Qualifications: Valid Minnesota teaching license in appropriate field.
FTE: Hourly, Schedule D. Approximately 4 hours/day; 4 days/week (M-Th), for 6 weeks. 1 hour a week on Friday TBD.
Staff hours may vary slightly on Fridays for meetings.
Employment Dates: June 21-July 28, with additional prior planning and meeting dates
May 15 Training Virtual
May 22- 27 Training Virtual ½ days
- Considerable knowledge of the curriculum areas the teacher is responsible for instructing.
- Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, current researched best practices and strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Considerable knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
- Working knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Considerable skill in classroom management and organization.
- Ability to effectively facilitate and/or participate in team meetings and parent meetings.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.